Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Chic in minutes

It's Monday morning and you flounce out of bed at 7:00 in the morning. The birds are chirping, the sun is out and you are in a great mood. You go downstairs and have a healthy omelet with a bowl of fresh, organic fruit. Then you go back upstairs to the bathroom, and apply your makeup. Once you've achieved a flawless face you twirl over to the closet. You pick out a boho-chic outfit that represents your mood and personality perfectly. Then you brush your teeth pack your bag, grab a pair of suede booties and your out the door. You get to wherever you need to be fifteen minutes early, so you grab a healthy green juice. As you slowly sip it, enjoying all of your free time you realize this is going to be a fantastic day...

BRINGGGG BRINNGGGG!!! (That's the sound of your alarm clock...). Let's get back to reality here... It's Monday morning you woke up late, it's raining and you have an important meeting to get to in, oh about forty- five minutes. You rush down stairs eat a quick bowl of cereal, and then sprint right back upstairs to the bathroom. You sit down and apply whatever makeup you can find. You go to your closet grab the nearest dress and zip into it. Then you speed away to your meeting arriving five minutes late. Not exactly the way you want to start your day...

So if your like me, Monday morning or any morning can turn really off (for lack of a better word) if you wake up late. Generally, when I wake up late I feel off and rushed during the whole day...
But waking up late happens sometimes... Mainly when I press the snooze button a few to many times.
I'm sure lots of us can relate to this... :) So, I have decided to share my tips to look chic and flawless in minutes with you. This way you won't be late to work or school by spending to much time getting ready. So let's "twirl" into this. :)

When I wake up late the first thing I do is eat a healthy and filling, key word healthy, breakfast.
Breakfast is like gas for a car. If you eat a good, healthy, filling breakfast you will have a full tank
of "gas" for the day. In this case gas is energy. Here are some of my favorite breakfasts. I like to make my breakfast according to the season.

My fast, fueling, seasonal, healthy(ish) breakfast options:

~ INSTANT OATMEAL
I love this breakfast in the winter or fall, it really fills me up and gives me great protein and fiber.
I just make plain instant oatmeal by Quaker, and then put some brown sugar and blueberries on top.
This meal takes about ten minutes to make.


~ SMOOTHIES
I drink smoothies in the spring and summer
Smoothies are a GREAT way to get in a serving of fruit without all of the hassle of chopping, and
dicing. All I do is get frozen strawberries, peaches, and mangos then I throw those in a blender with some orange juice and milk. Put it in a to go cup and your ready.

So now that we have breakfast covered lets get into makeup. We all want a super easy makeup routine that's fast so here are my tips on how to do that...
So every good makeup routine starts by washing your face. So wash your face with a simple cleanser or scrub that works for your skin type. Now, for an easy, fast makeup look you just need a couple of things. Grab your favorite concealer, mascara, and powder. Apply those products with your favorite brushes. Then when you are finished with that simple step grab something I like to call a "statement
product". A statement product means basically what it says. It's a product that will make a statement. 
These specials products include black eyeliner, red lipstick, and bold eyeshadow. Basically you want 
to choose a product that will stand out. Then your super simple face makeup won't look as simple, 

and everyone will be staring at your gorgeous statement product. This could be a black winged liner 
to accentuate your eyes, or a bold eye look, or just some classic red lips. This a super fast technique that will make you look very put together, and unique. 

Here are some great statement products:








This is a great non smudging black felt tip eyeliner. 





This is a great red lipstick for fair skin tones. It really pops of your lips.



































No comments:

Post a Comment